Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan- Tsunami March 11 2011

A Horrible thing happened this Friday in Japan.
An earthquake of M.8.9 followed by a tsunami has hit the coast of Sendai, Japan.

Chaos happened everywhere.

I woke up around 15 to 7am from a text message from my sister saying Japan had been hit by a tsunami, but our friends were o.k....still I woke up in a panick!

See, I lived in Japan for just about 2 years, and I made a lot of friends, and Japan became a second home for me. I Love Japan and its people. Japan holds a place very dear in my heart...So i was pretty shocked at what was happening.

AKIRA SHOKU!!!

I went on facebook and twitter right away to make sure everyone I knew was O.K. just to double check...and they were...except, one of my Japanese friend's family was m.i.a in Sosa, in the region of Chiba, because of an electricity shortage. It took almost 20hrs but we finally got concreet news that they were all fine, but without electricity and water and pretty shook-up.

I had classes this morning, but I brought my laptop and kept the Live streaming playing while taking notes in class. The images were horrifying in Sendai and the surrounding.  I felt confused and scared all day. Because something I love so much was being destroyed and I knew it would never be the same again.
I can't imagine being there in person, like most of my friends are. The confusion and chaos must have been horrible and scary....I was scared and I was thousand miles away.

Of course, thinking about all my idols was also something that hit me once I knew my friends were fine. Were they fine too? Some had been reported with injuries, others had their houses destroyed...and a few were reported missing. I didn't think, my fangirl's heart was this weak, because it did skipped a few beats when I was trying to find out if everyone i liked were fine.  Lots of rumours going around, so it was hard to make sense of it all. In some places, some are being confirmed as being safe...and in other places they are reported missing. In some places, all of Kanjani8 are safe...but in other places when they list everyone by names and not groupes :Maru, Baru, Yasu and Hina aren't accounted for.What to trust? Even now, some are still "unconfirmed". So, now I am just hoping everyone is safe and in a few days we should be able to know everything more clearly. Let the chaos and confusion go by and we'll get better answers.

I was a bit surprised at how I reacted toward my idols. Sure I love them all, but I didn't think I would worry so much about people I don't know in real life. And I even worried about others that I never considered myself a fan off....I guess they have touched a part of me deeper then I thought, and also, even if I don't know them personally, they are still humain beings in the middle of a catastrophee. So It is ok to worry about them. That's why I am a fan.

But just like my idols, I worry about everyone in Japan, even if I don't know them. I wish them a speedy recovery. I wish them to be strong during the next few months as Japan will try to rebuilt itself. I wish them confort with the ones they love, and the ones they lost. Be safe! Be Strong!

This is another horrible tragedy that has hit our world; another tragedy that proves how united we can be if we work together!

Anyone reading this, please donate to this cause..please donate to any other causes that will come in the future.
If you are in Canada, you can text RED CROSS to 30333 to donate 10$. In the USA it's RED CROSS to  90999.
If you don't have the money, go donate blood. It's free and it can save lives!

No comments: